Friday 11 April 2014

Ceramics Induction: Claymation/Stop Motion

Since our Ceramics induction gives us the opportunity to make a model that could potentially be used for stop motion if we had time, we had a little task to practice changing shapes made out of plasticine that would help get used to changing and remolding characters used in stop motion/claymation.



I went from a sphere to a round based pyramid to see how easy it would be to change from  both a round shape to a flat shape, and from a round shape to a pointed one. I found this to be more fun than I thought, but I think that it would probably be a very painful experience to change stuff for every single frame. If you mess up, that would most likely involve redoing a lot of the animation. I do not like the way that a lot of claymations look, and I am not particularly interested in stop motion. I wouldn't mind trying it just for the experience and a chance to change my mind, but I can't really see that working out.




I do think that Lee Hardcastle's animations are quite entertaining, and the crude style of it does work well with his crude sense of humor. The style has improved throughout his videos though as has his animating and camera work. I do think that this would maybe be a fun thing to try, but I think that they do work a lot better as comedy animations, which is something that I would rather try first with a more controlled method of animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment