Wednesday 13 May 2015

Cake Props

Because of the constant changes in storyboards and animations, I didn't know exactly what props we needed for the animation. I had to do some last minute, mostly for floating around in the space-time continuum, so I just drew a variety of different cakes inspired by the research I did at the start of the project. I didn't have a lot of time for development or explanation which is a shame because it would be really fun to try out new ways of coloring these, but I had to go with basic flat colours. Still, this means that the cakes are probably more likely to fit in as opposed to if they had been slightly textured, for example. They should also work in a lot of different scenes as well, since plain colouring means that they are less likely to clash with any backgrounds.

Hopefully next time everything is completely decided a lot earlier so that I have time to develop things a lot better, but at least I know that I can whip up something quickly if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment