Thursday 14 May 2015

Poster Clean Up

For the poster, Cara had the idea of doing two posters that fitted together nicely to make one big A2 one if we wanted to put them next to each other. I agreed to draw/re-line the characters since I am most familiar with them, which would also leave Cara with more time for editing what we have so far.




I did the lines for Cake Man on one side of the poster and placed Johnny on the other side, which was easier than expected as he was around the same size on his turnaround, and since he isn't in a different or complicated pose (although that would have been interesting to think about if we had more time), I was able to paste him in with his lines being exactly the right width to go next to Cake Man. I sent this back to Cara, who then put in one of my placeholder cake designs. The cake's lines were still way too thick when scaled up, so I thought it would be best to change it to another since redrawing all of the lines for the above design would take forever. In the future, I should probably try out Illustrator so that it is easier to keep things at the right size instead of scaling and redrawing, but I haven't had time to go in and learn it recently and it takes less time to redraw it since I don't have to make the journey to uni to do it.


After taking the poster back, I tried one of my other, simpler cakes which would be a lot easier to re-do the lines for, but it was awkward to get the symmetry right with the 3 cherries originally on it and the lines in the middle of the cake. I looked through my finished prop designs and thought that a cupcake might work. It wasn't wide enough to work since it made the Cake Man stand right in the centre of the image, leaving empty space. Eventually, I had to change it so that the posters weren't joining which was a shame, but then we found a way to kind of link them anyway; Cara had colour coded cupcakes on the DVD cover already, so we thought that maybe we could reuse them but put the Cake Man colour one on Johnny's page, and the Johnny one on the Cake Man's page. I would have to redraw them again, because the DVD cakes were absolutely tiny and were extremely pixelated when scaled to the right size, but it was worth it.



I think that they actually work really well, and I think that it looks very appealing to our audience with the bright colours and of course, cupcakes. I think it would still definitely be nice to have these alongside each other though, since the colours on the cakes complement each other well.

No comments:

Post a Comment