Sunday 10 November 2013

Carn


Carn - Jeff Le Bars from Jeff Le Bars on Vimeo.

Carn is an animation I absolutely love, and wish I'd've found sooner. It has a mix of animation; 2D for the background (with extremely nice textures) and 3D for the characters. The movement of the animals work so well, so much smoother than the clumsy boy with the clumsy actions. The colours also work great, with the wolf and area around the wolf cubs being warmer and much more red colours - red for danger, which is exactly what the boy is lead into.

This was an emotional short, and not just once. The ending was something I really did not see coming, and I actually had to sit back and take a second to register what happened in it. The storytelling is excellent, even more so the parts without dialogue, and it almost makes me wish there was a longer version to watch, just so that I could have more of it - but since it's pretty much as close to perfect as a short could be, I'm happy with it the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment