Thursday 23 October 2014

Moom Story Ideas

For this project we have to choose lyrics to animate to. Whether we keep the lyrics as a song or change the whole performance of it is up to us, as long as we keep our focus on the acting and performance of the character. I thought about maybe doing some different genres at first, but after hearing that we have to use our own voice that limited my options a lot - not only because of my lack of skills when it comes to voice acting, but also because of how uncomfortable hearing my own voice recorded makes me.

I chose to go for something a bit sillier because there is no way I could do something serious and make it convincing. I considered something that I could use some exaggerated fake crying in, because that would be fun to animate but it would also involve other emotional sounding speech which I can not make sound convincing even if it is over the top.

Eventually I settled on 'That's Amore' by Dean Martin - it would be fun to animate, and hopefully whatever comedy I could get into that would be enough to distract from the audio. I thought about trying to put on a thick Italian accent (with reference from m family) to make it even sillier, but it didn't work when I gave it a few tries. I decided to deal with the audio more later, and for now concentrate on making the animation fun enough to forget about the audio for a while.

I still wanted to go for the Italian sort of theme though, so I settled for a Venice inspired scene with a gondola and a love struck gondolier. I could use an oar as a prop, and that could work well for Moom to interact with.





I had a short think about lighting too - I wanted high contrast because of the line about the moon, but it is a bit too early to decide on colour. I'll think about that later, maybe around the crit, but wither way I can experiment in After Effects when the animation is done and I can see it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment