Monday 28 October 2013

Photography Induction


Photography Induction - Study Task

For the last few weeks, we have been in the photography studio on fridays to learn (or re-learn) how to use DSLRs and the equipment in there, including the lighting equipment. We had to experiment with shot framing and composition, depth of field, lighting, shutter speed and aperture. We took the pictures in .raw format and exported them to .tif and .jpeg afterwards. I had the most fun playing with shutter speeds, although if I had the chance to do this again, I would make sure that I had a lower aperture so that my slow shots could be better lit.


Composition and lighting

Depth of field and use of continuous lighting

Slow shutterspeed

Slow shutter speed and flash gun

Quicker shutter speed to capture hair movement

Higher aperture with side lighting



No comments:

Post a Comment