Thursday 31 October 2013

Traditional Animation - Pendulum


We finally tried animating with Acme punched paper on a light table, and it was a lot of fun. It took a while, but I planned the movement and frames out before hand and placed them underneath my sheets so that I wouldn't have to go back and change any frames if they didn't fit. We had to do 25 frames which I managed to do, except I had a bit too much space around the center pendulum, so it swung a little too quickly. I went back and added in about 6 extra frames which made the animation run very smoothly, but I had to take out another 6 to try to keep to the limit of 25. I think it came out quite well in the end, but having tried it with photoshop a few weeks back helped a fair bit - I understood the swing of the pendulum better than I did t the start and easing in/easing out, so it went fairly smoothly.



Next time, I think I'll make my lines a little bit darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment