Wednesday 19 March 2014

Clothes Drawings

I keep finding interesting looking clothes and styles on Pinterest, so I thought it could be fun to try drawing some of these, and figure out how to to do certain textures and details for any important drawings in the future.

I used a mix of fineliners and a 0.4 gel pen for these drawings so that the shape could stand out more, and so the details don't get lost. It was fun to explore the kinds of curves made from clothes actually being warn, as opposed to ones just hung up, or even just on flat mannequins.



I tried out some different media (with ink being especially fun for layers outfits and see through parts, but I still prefer the lineart and making the detail stand out from how it is drawn rather than just what has been added to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment