Thursday 27 March 2014

Title Sequence: Animatic


Here is my finished animatic for the title sequence. I am not 100% about the timing of the scenes since this is something I know I am not as good at judging, but after getting feedback I now have ways to help that.

After presenting to the class, it was pointed out that the villain looks slightly out of place, with no context or explanation, and that it might be more appropriate for the superheroes to be featured before. A few ideas later and it was suggested that I could make a Marvel Comics type opening, with pages from the comic book being flicked through before setting on to the logo. It is usually used before Marvel films rather than cartoons, but there is nothing to say it wouldn't work, and it could be a very fun experience.

I was initially worried about trying to use After Effects to make it as it seems very big and complicated, but actually making the animation was quite simple when I took it step by step, and after I started seeing the similaries to Photoshop, I relaxed quite a lot.


I am very happy with how this came out, although I will probably change the color of the marvel logo to fit more with the red of Wiccan, the first superhero to be introduced straight after the logo. I also have a lot more pages scanned if the opening needs some adding, so I am not as worried about if my timing is off for the rest of the animation. If it is, then I have a solution for now and I will know for definite that that needs more work for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment