Wednesday 19 March 2014

Misc drawings

I have a lot of random drawings in my sketchbook, whether from boredom, an idea to experiment with or excitement for some kind of entertainment that I need to let out.



Ezio Auditore (Assassins Creed) Pastel
Lord of the Rings/Hobbit doodles
Doodles of my cats

Above is a drawing I did of Billy Bones, while watching Black Sails.I used a style that I had been toying with for one of my large projects, but I felt that it wasn't as effective as it could have been for this character. A couple of weeks later, after looking at some more stylised work and experimenting with plasticine figures, I found a body shape that could be interesting to explore, and that may have worked better for the character.


I also experimented with some different media (Brusho inks, pastel, brush pen, gel pen) to draw Leatherback, from Pacific Rim. I like how it came out, but I feel like the glowing lights on him could have been better. I'll do more experiments in the future to see.



After watching Labyrinth, I wanted to draw David Bowie's character Jareth, and I felt that this style helps to add personality to him and also make certain parts of the character stand out. I also wanted to experiment more with my brusho inks, making me go a little bit wild on the background. I have started going over him digitally with the Pen Tool in Photoshop to make a pseudo-vector which will be fun to do if I can figure out the style I want do do his face and colouring in.

No comments:

Post a Comment