Wednesday 12 March 2014

Turnaround

The turnaround task was a fun one, even though I made it much harder for myself than needed. I didn't actually realise from the start that I had drawn my Superman Pez from an angle looking slightly down, maybe the 'feet' of it stand out more. I also found it very hard to find a centre to rotate it from, eventually using one of the bottom corners. Using the top of Superman's head might have been a much easier option, as suggested by classmates, but it wasn't something I had even considered while drawing. All of the lines of the Pez made it easier to keep everything at the same point on each page/box, but mean that it took absolutely forever to draw the lines and make sure they were accurate. Next time I would love to do something much more round and less mathematical, with a single logical point to turnaround from. Still, it was a good experience and I have learned a lot from it.





I didn't have time for more detail which would have been fun, but I do like the simplicity of the end product. I think that the limited shading on the Pez actually gives it more of a 3D look. It still spins awkwardly because of the centre point, but at least it spins. Next time though, I won't vector/pen/tool things separately; I couldn't loop it in Photoshop because of that, so I had to use After Effects. Even though that wasn't too much trouble, I would like to be able to do everything in just one program, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment