Tuesday 27 January 2015

Animation Portfolio Workshop Contest Details

The Animation Portfolio Workshop competition sounds like one that would be great for me an my portfolio - except for one thing;

2015/16 Character Design Contest
Guidelines and Rules

• What is it?
The APW Character Design Contest is a competition in which each contestant designs an animation
character (contest guidelines below). The drawings are judged by a special guest judge – animation
professional Saud Boksmati . The first prize is free tuition for the 2015/16 Session of the Animation
Portfolio Workshop.

• Who is eligible?
Only Canadian citizens are eligible. Animation professionals, professional visual artists, former or
present APW students are not eligible. Former or present students of post-secondary Animation or
Illustration Programs are not eligible.

• How does it work?
Each submission will include the following drawings; 4 views of a standing pose (one profile facing
left, one front view, one seen from ¾ right, one rear view); 3 active poses of your character. For
example, running, jumping, dancing –3 poses that have action in them; 4 facial expressions
(laughing, angry, surprised, sad). 
Another thing is the consent release form, in which I would be giving up rights to whatever I have created. This is something I will definitely have to be careful about in the future, so using any original ideas I may have wanted to take further would not be a good idea for this competition.

That doesn't mean that I can't still create work for it though - what I would produce for this is the right sort of thing for my portfolio, so I feel like it would be silly not to do work for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment