Tuesday 27 January 2015

Qwertee Mihawk Designs 1


After deciding on a pose that looked dramatic enough but would still give Mihawk a readable silhouette, I filled in some of the bigger areas of his design with one flat colour taken from one of the images of him. I like how the silhouette looks already, but there is obviously a lot more I can still do with it.



I added a secondary colour and a bit more detail to see if I could make it more interesting but I think that a lot of the detail gets lost within the black parts of the image.


Adding another shade of purple looks pretty good and the detail is clearer, although on anywhere other than my laptop the contrast isn't quite as effective. The black sections of the image worked a lot better anyway, so I thought I'd move away from so much purple for the next iteration.


I really like how the detail works on here but again, the contrast isn't quite as good on any other monitor. I think the black coat might not work so well on an also black background though - the final image won't have that, but I feel like the design would probably be much more effect on a black T-shirt.






No comments:

Post a Comment