Monday 12 January 2015

Outcast Odyssey Developed Designs

I thought that it would probably be better if I go over my designs digitally first, so that they are more presentable, especially if I want to put them on my tumblr or somewhere similar. It also gave me a chance to think about the outfits, how they were put together and what worked or not, so I already had some more ideas on how to develop them when I started the next iteration of designs.

I definitely liked the idea of simple designs with larger, uncluttered areas so I focused on finding what shapes would work well for this, as you can see on the bottom row - I feel that the top half works very well, including the fact that it actually covers up the witch's chest - it is more practical, but at the same time it feels more 'witchy' to me - it almost reminds me of druid/high priestess kind of robes which does give her more of a mystical appearance. The corset is of course classical steam punk, and it works well for breaking her outfit up.


Thinking about the contrast helped even more to figure out which outfits would look more interesting. I found a free lace texture to try out with some of the emptier spaces and I really like the finished effect - it probably wouldn't work so well if the character was actually animated, but for illustration purposes I think that it gives the character a bit of extra detail that really makes the whole outfit that much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment