Thursday 12 March 2015

Qwertee Monster Trio Designs 2


I still wanted to try adding more circles, but the characters' silhouettes are a bit too complicated for that much other colour.  The top and bottom blacks aren't quite as bad, but I want all 3 to work as well as they could do.

And outline and less colour was a lot more effective, but I'm not 100% sure about it still. I feel like I'm missing out too much of their figures - their whole bodies are important in their silhouettes, and these designs don't really help that.



I tried using their Jolly Rogers instead of silhouettes, which I think goes with the circles better than the silhouettes, but that isn't really the sort of design I'm going for, I might look more at this for other designs in the future. With the amount of black, smaller detail in the bottom design, they actually work quite well with the blocks of colours, so that could be a future design.


 I went back to some of the original designs in the end, changing around the shape and placement of the blocks. You can see the silhouette a lot better, and I think they are a lot more interesting - there's less going on, letting you concentrate in the three characters, and they stand out well.



No comments:

Post a Comment