Saturday 7 March 2015

Schedule 2


Rebecca made us a schedule to get started off with the project, which would be nice to stick to. The only problem I see so far is that Rebecca wants to design the backgrounds, which she has down at the same time as animating. Depending on the amount of backgrounds we have, which we won't be 100% sure about until Cara does the storyboards, she will either have to pass them onto someone else or make sure she animated very fast. Having around 2 months for animating isn't too bad, but since our initial storyboards and animatic appear to be over two minutes long, I am just wondering if this is the best idea, especially since Rebecca doesn't have too many duties the week before that.

Another problem we could have is that the storyboards aren't finished yet - they need to go through more revisions, because of other module commitments. Those have also slowed me down slightly myself with the colour, cart/prop designs, but colour is something that isn't an immediate issue yet, especially since I have the turnarounds done which is enough to get animating from. The props I can put in later, and I might benefit more from waiting for Cara to finish the storyboards before deciding on a finished cart, because she is using carts from a lot of framing at the start and I don't want to design something that then gets in the way of her shots.

I think that it would be best for me to start cleaning up the line art as soon as possible instead of leaving it to the end, meaning that I can wait for every storyboard to be done before sorting out the marketing stuff, in case things change. We still have plenty of time, so we're not doing too bad even if we are slightly behind schedule. Most things now depend on the storyboards being finished, and then we know everything we need to design, animate and think about for marketing later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment