Friday 11 March 2016

PR02: Bounty Hunter Designs

After experiment with silhouettes, it was time to design the actual Bounty Hunters themselves.

I wanted to convey his arrogance through his poses, which were interesting to draw in this style. I think that the bottom design on the first page looks too 'cool, post-apocolyptic' style Bounty Hunter which doesn't really work for this character. I like the design of the second one just because it is simple, but a nice combination of shapes and things happening. The cape on the bottom left is cool but again doesn't work all that well for his personality. The open chest of the top right feels a little more vain and, to quote my feedback, 'douchey' - which actually works for him quite well. My classmates also like the idea of him being well groomed, and think that that works well towards the personality that I want, as well as the sunglasses.

The third from the right, bottom row immediately has a lot of personality in his face, but sadly isn't quite the right sort of personality for this character. He could make a good background character, though! On this page, I think I like the third (top row) and second (bottom row) the most. The chest hair makes me laugh, but I think it's also a good indicator of his vanity and arrogance, even more so that the version on the first image. The bottom design is very simple, but I feel like that makes it effective - you know the setting and era that he is in, the facial hair screams arrogance, and he is nice and easy to look at. The feedback that I get seems to agree with this, so I may make my final choice once the Assistant's design is fully decided n, to make sure that they work next to each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment