Friday 11 March 2016

PR02: Cowboy Architecture Experiments (1/2)

I did a few rough sketches of the kind of buildings present here. Most of them feel very 'boxy' when the columns and roofs are added, which could make them seem somewhat boring meaning that extra detail would definitely be nice.


I like the rows of buildings that share the same balcony; this reminds of of flats now, which could help with the mix of modern and Western that I want. The smaller detail around the saloons and bars of the balcony are very interesting, and might not be visible too much in my scenes but could still be worth considering to add to the complexity of the buildings.

I don't want to stick too much to this time period of the interior of the office, since that is where my biggest mix of Western and Modern will be. I would like the room to feel small, but with a lot of furniture - I feel like the Bounty Hunter would want to buy as much as he can for his office to look like a 'real' office, but this doesn't work out too well because of the size of the office. I also like the idea of him having 'trophies' around, possibly on shelves from the people he has captured before to show his pride and arrogance.

Ideas continued in next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment