Monday 20 April 2015

Tales of the City Designs 2


I tried a few different line styles while doing some designs to figure out how exactly I wanted to illustration to look in the end. I do like the looser lines of the bottom two images, but the top two allow for a lot more specific detail. The third image transitions between time periods a lot smoother, I think - here is more of a decent mix of all of the kinds of architecture.

I think all of these lines look a lot more interesting than if I recreated them digitally and precisely; they are a lot livelier which I think is more effective, especially for a city like Manchester, even if the illustration is only inspired by it and not an actual illustration of it. The bottom one might be a little too loose; I feel like the lines might actually distract a little bit from the idea, so the third set of lines will probably be a lot more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment