Monday 20 April 2015

Tales of the City Illustration

For the purposes of this module, this is the final illustration, but since the competition doesn't end until June I want to use the extra month or two to develop the design of this further. I feel that, at a basic level, this illustration does show a passing of time, even if the changes could have been subtler. I think that maybe putting a few more older buildings in each section would have worked well, since that is how cities look when new types of architecture appear - in Manchester especially, the newer buildings sometimes look like they were randomly place next to other, more classical architecture without any thought (although obviously there are a lot more things to take into consideration than just aesthetics when it comes to rebuilding things and planning a city.)

I would like to extend this and experiment with more media, and I do like the more traditional approach I have taken, even if the building silhouettes are still done digitally. I wish I'd have found this competition sooner so that I would have a finished product by now but I think I have made good progress in this project so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment