Tuesday 28 April 2015

AA: Cart Colour Development

For the first new cart I did, I tried adding more of the bright colour detail in smaller parts of the wood, but I don't like the contrast it has with the rest of the smaller parts - it all of the wood on the cart was darker then it could work, but I just don't like how the light wood and the dark wood looks together. The top of the cart as well is a nice colour and looks good with Johnny, but I feel like it could very probably get lost within the sky.

A slightly more purple background will stand out more against the sky, and the darker wood looks a lot better; the smaller details actually fit in with it, and allow the stands and cakes themselves to stand out, but the only problem is that the top of the stand has a similar colour to the Cakeman's current shirt colour, and since he is close to the top of the stand than Johnny, it is possibly a better idea to make sure that the top half works best with him.


I tried a lighter pink afterwards to work better with the Cakeman, and lightened all of the wood to give the lighter colour detail one more try. It looks a lot better, but it isn't quite there yet, and Rebecca's background has a lot of pink on the floor part, meaning that some of the pink might get lost in it.
I went back to the darker wood after that, since that consistently worked well, and changed the top of it to a more pinkish purple - more of a mix between Johnny and Cakeman's shirt to work better with both of them. I like this design the most, and Cara and Rebecca agree, so I think that this will be the one we go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment