Sunday 14 February 2016

PR02: Further Character/Costume Research (1/2)

I want to look at a few more specific examples of body language and character types for my characters now that I have a very solid idea of what they are like, so I've collected more research to inspire my designs.





I decided to research a little into traditional femme fatales, as they are a very iconic archetype that the audience understands straight away. The character isn't completely a femme fatale, as I haven't written her in here to be particularly seductive or mysterious, just a dubious character with a few secrets and good timing. This doesn't mean that I can't look into making the character a little more into this kind of archetype, even without changing the script. Just her body language and actions, if a lot more seductive before she manipulates the bounty hunter and gets away could make her a lot closer to this archetype already. It is something I'll have to think about however; I'm not a fan of making the only female character in things sexy and mysterious, especially from all of my dealings with feminism in our CoP project, however if it works for the animation and makes her much more understandable to the audience then it may be much more effective to do that.

I'm still experimenting with how western to make the character with my current research, and I don't think adding too much to that already would help me, so I think I'll try to focus on incorporating the body language and attitude into my designs for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment