Wednesday 10 February 2016

PR02: Background Test 2


Next, I added a screen tone over the last image. I actually really like the effect, but my only worry is whether or not this could effect viewers' eyes at a larger size, which I will have to look into.


I tried using the screen tone as a 'dissolve' layer to give the appearance of sand/texture, but everything just looks somewhat bland and boring. This may work for much subtler, softer backgrounds, but not for  this sort of background right now.


Screen tone without lines looked good as well, and I would be tempted to use a style like this if I can make sure that the screen tone doesn't hurt peoples' eyes. I've had good feedback about the smaller version of this image so far though, so I would like to try to carry on with this.

I do have to think about my different kinds of environments, though. Interiors of buildings may not look so good with this kind of texture, so that needs further testing before a conclusion gets decided.



Although way too saturated, I do like this background a lot. I feel like the shades accurately show the lighting, and I think that the screen tone helps the gradients blend in well. I think that the brightly coloured lines also help with this, which may be worth experimenting with in the future, too. I do not want to force this style, but I hope that it will work as well for the environments I do need to create later.



No comments:

Post a Comment