Tuesday 2 February 2016

PR02: Artist Research (2/2)


TWEWY

I also want to look at the game The World End With You (Tetsuya Nomura, Gen Kobayashi) and comic artist Tradd Moore's work for some of the more extreme features in their work.

TWEWY uses a lot of extreme angles and darker lines to give the game a more stylistic, urban feel to fit in with their sound track and the Shibuya setting in the game. I think that these kinds of angles and lines could work with aspects of the designs that I looked at in my previous post, so I would like to experiment with these a little.

Tradd Moore

Tradd Moore


I do also like the kinds of faces and shapes that Tradd Moore uses. I haven't seen too many styles like it, especially not when it comes to animation (although that is in part because this style is probably a lot lot harder for artists to keep consistent, and the different shapes would take longer to draw than many other styles). Still, I think that he does very well with differentiating faces, and showing their personalities through them. I think that the nose and jaw shapes are my favourite parts of his drawings, as they are the more subtle but effective parts of the designs, which I'd like to think about when designing my own characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment