Tuesday 16 February 2016

PR02: Silhouette Test

I needed to determine the right shape to fit the personality of my Bounty Hunter, which lead me to testing out silhouettes. I wanted to keep the sharper angles because of the aesthetic style that I am working in, but for all intents and purposes I want to think of the shapes and nothing more right now.

A few of the shapes immediately give you an idea of what the character could be like - the first seems either extremely stupid or reliable, and does not go down easily. The second looks creepy and possibly older, and not athletically gifted. The bottom left looks fairly athletic, and could be a bully or a hero type character. The third on the bottom row probably has a height complex, and would probably be quite loud and annoying, I think. A bit of a complex would work for me character, but I don't want him to seem quite as ridiculous. The last shape seems to work the best for this personality type, which is what I am moving forwards with.


I tested a few more variations while comparing agains a silhouette similar to my female character's. It isn't quite the same, but I find it important to make sure that they two characters contrast nicely against each other, since they are together throughout most of the story. When a closer height to the female, he looks a little less stupid, so I think that the bottom right character gives me better contrast and makes him still simple capable yet stupid enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment