Saturday 6 February 2016

PR02: Story Ideas (2/3)

Thinking about the kinds of twists I could have in more short film was one of the things I think that helped me get the more solid ideas down. Reversal of Motive fits quite well with a lot of the earlier ideas that I had, but it felt a little boring when I thought of all of the other things that I could have happening after writing this page. Reversal of perception could be interesting, making the setting completely crazy and different when the character first steps out of a tavern or something like that, but it didn't inspire me that much plot wise


The Reversal of Identity idea made me think that it could be interesting if the Bounty Hunter themselves was the criminal on a wanted poster, but if he was the only one doing the hunting not much would really happen there as the poster could just be destroyed. Someone else being the criminal instead and deceiving the Bounty Hunter was a much more interesting idea.

I liked the idea of using bait to try and capture the criminal, but if they were in on the plan all along they could manipulate if very easily and have a better shot at stealing the loot. They could even argue for better loot, to make absolute sure that they could get the best prize possible before making off with it and carrying out the biggest con they ever had. It was at this point that I started rooting for my villain.

My initial thought was a train heist - the criminal could be well known for robberies on trains, so they could work with the bounty hunter to make sure a lot of loot is stored on there and then create the plan using the different train carriage as obstacles and finding a way to make off with the loot and even detatch part of the train to leave the guards and bounty hunter behind as it is revealed that she is the criminal, but it didn't really feel like a clean getaway with half a train held hostage and probably too much loot to carry once off the train. 




No comments:

Post a Comment