Thursday 5 May 2016

Final Crit

Comments from final crit:

- love detail on map
- creepy trees are [my] favourite
- likes background perspective + colours
- nice variety of work
- map has a classic game play feel to it
- clean art style for backgrounds
- colours and furniture designs work well together
- likes asset details
- likes textures on the map
- texture/gradients in bgs remind [them] of a point and click game
- characters look funky
- rooms are simple without being empty

- assets are a bit inconsistent - blocky textures don't fit to smoothly drawn trees, ponds etc

I would appreciated getting some more criticism to identify parts that I need to work on it but was nice to receive as much positive feedback as I did, especially on the backgrounds for my first project since they are probably my favorite pieces from this project so far.

I'm already working on changing some textures, especially of the road and maze on my map which should hopefully make them fit in a little bit more, because I do see where that comment is coming from.

Apart from this, I most need to get on with finishing the map. I am hoping to also have time to make and bind a book with the development art from the first project, but that is a lower priority than the pieces themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment