Wednesday 4 May 2016

Pr03: A Few More Tests


I wanted to test out come colour schemes here, but I got distracted by the tiny details, which I really enjoyed doing. This is another unfinished test because I needed to move on, but I definitely like how the top half came out.

I wanted to practice making individual tiles in case I made a big map - it would be very efficient to repeat things this way and should be a lot easier to get finished. I like the cobble/stone texture but the water isn't too good. I think that the grass is acceptable as grass, but I find it a bit boring. I got a nice gradient going on on the trees with my dithering but they also look very boring and plain, so I need to think about maybe adding more/different detail.


I wanted to try more of an isometric style because I don't have much experience at all. It involved lots of copying and pasting diagonal lines to keep everything parallel, but I like how it is easier to give depth to the room and items. This also worked very nicely with dithering and a large contrast between the light and dark pixels, and I would still like to finish this at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment