Wednesday 4 May 2016

Pr03: Other Media (2/2)

I thought it would be interesting to try even more different types of media to try and make the game look even more unique.

I do quite like how this came out, though the sticky notes on the houses could do with being a little flatter. The pixels on sticky notes don't look as good, but it would take a lot of time to create every asset with stick notes and find a way to make them look interesting for plain blocks like the grass. This would be an interesting idea if I had a lot more time but I can't see it being feasible with what I have.


I threw on some overlays and layer styles just to see how it looks. It looks awful and I definitely won't be doing this.

I even tried using paper fasteners. It looks very silly, but it was fun to try  anyway. I kind of like the longer edges of the fasteners outlining the middle section, but I'm not sure how that would work with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment