Wednesday 4 May 2016

PR03: Further Tests 2

 I still liked the idea of using purples etc to set a creepy atmosphere but I wanted to see if I go from much cheerier colours into it first. The colours are a bit too saturated on the houses I think, and the change of grass would be better dithered in or maybe even using a gradient overlay on top of it.

I used the same style as my last test to create the trees, but at double the size so that they are more in proportion with the houses. The contrast on the trees and rocks also came out really well which I like - I feel like both look a little bit less like the typical pixel art aesthetic which is good. The gradients help with that too but I'm not sure yet if they'd work.



After making the creepy trees, I decided to think of what other things could help to make somewhere creepy. I ended up making some Druid henges, as not only does it make the place seem older and less civilised but it also adds an element of the supernatural. This also gave me the idea of where the game was set, a formerly druid village that feels strange. That is the reason why there's no one else and the game could be an escape game with a timer - something related to a druid curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment