Friday 7 November 2014

Interim Crit - Feedback

The interim crit was very useful for ideas for my finished animation of Moom. I got suggestions such as experimenting with frames (letterboxing my animation) and other various effects to do in post production. I had already considered doing my animation in black and white to give it more of a romantic old-timey sort of feeling, although some classmates suggested a sepia tone which may lend itself even better the the atmosphere of my animation. This is something that I can experiment with in After Effects once the animation is done, provided I leave myself enough time.

The crit also helped me to decide that I would shoot my audio properly, then record reference to match up to that, loosely based off of my storyboards since they didn't match up too well with my practice audio. I also decided that I would try to pitch my voice lower/edit my audio to a lower pitch to sound more masculine as I am portraying Moom as a male in my animation.

Another thing I was reminded of was to not let myself get carried away by modelling; since this is something that I am very interested in, I am tempted to make a lot of props and a 3D background for Moom, but the animation and performance is the key aspect of this module, so maybe I should leave a lot of my modelling and texturing to after the animation is finished (minus the modelling that I have already done).

I feel a lot more organised just by presenting my ideas and thought process in order, and I am ready to being sorting out my final reference and audio to start animating next week. I am feeling confident about my animation; I managed to do a 16 second animation in one day (see my post on the Mery Rig) and although that was obvious not up to the standard that I want Moom to be, and without lip syncing, knowing that I can make a decent, understandable animation in that amount of time makes me feel quite optimistic. We have just over two months left for this project, and I think that I could feasibly animate everything in less than that amount of time, including lip syncing. I am excited to start (especially since the sooner I start, the sooner I can get modelling again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment