Thursday 27 November 2014

Study Task 3 - Posing Moom Part 1

This task was one of the more fun ones, putting Moom in a pose and not having to worry about how he moves.

 

It was confusing at first to get Moom's legs right, because I thought that it's knee would move an that was how I could change how much the leg is folded, but instead it was mostly controlled by the foot. I found that moving the hips were helpful for bending the knee a little bit more, but it was hard to get it in the right direction without moving the foot a lot first. The arm controllers moved differently, and  found them much easier to get used to,





One awkard thing about Moom is the size of his hands - I can't pose him exactly as I want because it causes clipping, so I had to find other ways to overlay his limbs. This made me lean Moom more forward so that the right arm could lay in top of the left and it helped to exaggerate the pose more.



One thing that I wish I could do on this rig is make Moom's pupils bigger or smaller; I think that I could really push his expressions if that was the case. The eyebrows make him very expressive though and his mouth gives plenty to work with for his expressions so there is still a decent amount I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment