Wednesday 12 November 2014

Responsive Competition: 11 Second Club

11 SECOND CLUB


11 Second Club is competition that I have been thinking about for a while. It would be really fun to do, and I think I'd learn a lot more from it than I have from some of our longer briefs so far - I find it easier to concentrate on smaller bits of animation like this, and I can thinking about all parts of movement rather than thinking about how many more scenes I have to animate. A lot of more experienced animators enter this competition though, so I would have to spend quite a lot of time on it. I would probably rather do it in 2D since we haven't done a lot of 3D work yet, so I would have to be careful to make sure that I can draw any extra angles/poses of the character. I feel like I might get a bit bogged down by the design and temptation to spend time on a background, leaving me with less time to animate. It would look good in a show reel,but I want to focus more on my portfolio instead, so this competition might not be the best for that - I could always wait until I have enough designs to flesh out my portfolio before giving it a go. Maybe I could even use some of the characters I have designed if they fit the speech, which could make my animation a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment