Sunday 16 November 2014

Moom Props - Modelled

It didn't take me long to model the props since I only wanted them to be simple and not stand out too much.












Moom's mustache was fun to do, but I feel like it came out looking very English gentleman-ish, especially with the gondolier hat. I started to change the mustache into a shorter, thicker one but I realised that it was probably going to obscure the mouth, and that would make the lip syncing awkward - even if I attached it after I finished animating, it would still probably make it harder for the viewer to see his mouth properly. I might go back to it at the end, but for now I think it is better to leave it off.



I added the moon and water to give a little bit more context to the scene before I started animating. I could do the background itself later, for which I was thinking about having a few rows on buildings with references from photos of Venice, but preparing to animate is my main concern at the moment so that would have to wait.

I used locators to keep the hat and the oar on Moom, which needed to be parented to the object and then constrained to another locator attached to the part of Moom that needed it. This didn't take too long, but I had to turn on the skeleton and change the joint size so that I could see them properly and attach the locator to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment