Tuesday 11 November 2014

Moom Prop Sheets

I would have liked to spend a lot more time both designing and modelling props, but since I have never really animated in Maya before, I have no idea how long it will take and what problems I will encounter. I decided to do a few smaller props rather than less but with more detail, because I have done more modelling than texturing and I know the limits to what I can or can't make more than what I could do texturing wise.

They are also simple enough that hopefully there won't be any clipping with Moom when I animate it, but I will have to be careful anyway.

The gondola is extremely simple, and shorter than it would actually be in real life to give me a bit more flexibility with shots - a longer gondola would mean either using much further out shots or cutting off part of the gondola. I would rather have the flexibility to do what I want but a more stylised version of the object than limit myself like that, but I think that it works out because Moom is a lot smaller and less in proportion than a real person anyway, so he doesn't really need to have everything around him like it should be in real life.

I also thought about making a mustache for Moom to carry on with my Italian theme. It may be stereotypical but since I know enough Italians in my family with a mustache like that, I want to go for it. My favorite mustache was either the top left one, or the slight variation of it on the bottom row with the curls at either side of it. Most of my classmates agreed with me on that, so I will make the first mustache and then see how if I can make a decent enough version more similar to the curly one.

No comments:

Post a Comment