Wednesday 12 November 2014

Responsive - Session 1

First look at briefs - choose 3 and write about why you chose them

It is important to think about your briefs before choosing them - what are they asking for, and why am I choosing them? Will they help me with my skills or am I only thinking about the type of content I could make?

Yorkshire Tea - 
This is one of my chosen briefs because it is relevant to me and almost everyone I know are tea drinkers, meaning that I can get a lot of feedback from the targeted audience throughout the brief to make sure that my responsive is appropriate/relevant/what the brief is looking for. I can't use my animation skills so much for this task as the brief does not look for a campaign but this may help me to think more about branding and advertising, which would be very useful for my own work and what I may make in the future.

Taylors Coffee
This brief will make me think more about my target audience and what makes something more marketable to them than others. I can focus on designing more than animating since it isn't a communication/campaign brief. This could make me look at my own work from a different point of view and allow me to experiment with media/mediums I wouldn't usually use. The brief is also very different to our usual narrative work so this could help me to get new ideas for my own projects.

Syfy
I can look at how to make a brand/idea relevant and how to make it stand out from other competitors. This can be a campaign brief unlike my other two, giving me a chance to use animation if I want to - even motion graphics, or little animation but with a lot of modelling could work here. I am also a fan of the sci-fi genre so this brief would be fun and keep me interested. I could also experiment with posters which could help me advertise my own creations in the future, especially since this targets a much more specific audience/

No comments:

Post a Comment