Monday 10 November 2014

Study Task 2 - Animation Skills Part 2


This was a very fun one to animate - I used the idea of a cat getting ready to pounce for the movement of this ball, since that is a good example of anticipation before a movement. I rotated and squashed the ball before making it stretch.



The overlapping action animation took me so long to figure out how to do. Eventually I realised that I didn't need to think about all of the segments of the pendulum, and that I could do it with the graph editor. I got the first half of the pendulum working with the graph editor but for some reason I couldn't make it work for the second half, so I key framed it in instead. I got very confused with the editor, and it is something I would like to try with a much simpler animation.


 




Using a camera, it was very easy to make a turntable to show off models. I had trouble rendering this animation so I had to add a black background to it. This obscured the hat at some points - maybe next time I should put it a lot further away or how to render and do the lighting properly without having to worry about the background with a turntable.

No comments:

Post a Comment