Saturday 6 December 2014

Idle Man Research

For the Idle Man brief, my research will be primarily fashion based, since that is what the company is aiming to sell, and that is the way that the audience will notice the shop and realise it is for them.

The Idle Man products obvious help, but as they said in their brief, "Don't be limited by images and styles that you associate with The Idle Man of today - we are a young brand and are constantly evolving. For example, we have had three revision of the website already, so feel free to experiment with the Idle Man look and feel." Leeds is full of the type of people that this campaign would be aimed at, so gaining inspiration from the type of people I see for this campaign was very easy.


On the Idle Man's own Tumblr, they photograph street style and the sort of person their campaign is aimed at, and the type of fashion that they like, which fits in very well with my own vision of what sort of image of themselves they want to put out there.




I started making a few pinterest boards gathering a few more ideas and items, to help flesh out my research. I feel that keeping my colour schemes consistwnt for outfits and for multiple ads if I create them would be a very good idea, and looking at some items of clothing/hair/shoes separately would make sure that I don't just associate the hairstyles I see with outfits on the street and IM's Tumblr page, so that I can keep my designs flexible and creative. This will all inform my designs as I go on to to create the three 'characters for this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment