Tuesday 30 December 2014

Outcast Odyssey Initial Designs

I took a few loose photos of my designs so that I could get them straight into Photoshop rather than wasting an hour or two at uni scanning them. I'm going to draw a base for the character and use that to build off of these designs and try out new things instead of redrawing the body many times. That took me way longer than needed for these, which is why I am going to switch to digital.


I really enjoyed drawing these designs, but I feel like there may be too much detail. I don't want to get carried away; the turnaround will take much longer to make and the character would maybe be a little less fit for an animation design portfolio - plus, simpler means that I can maybe animate my character later (although not for this project).

I focused a little bit more on the shapes here which helped me figure out how space parts of the outfit out might make it more readable and a lot nicer to look at. I already like the first design, and I like parts of the second but overall it doesn't work quite as much. The third isn't tooo steampunk or witchy, so I probably won't use any parts of it.


I tried adding more detail from some of my researched images, but I'm not too crazy about them. My second row of designs were a lot better, so I might focus on developing them with maybe a few elements from these other designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment