Wednesday 17 December 2014

Study Task 5 - Making Faces



I had a lot of fun animating this, especially with the audio track I used having such well pronounced words. Using 12 fps also made me have to prioritise between phonemes - there weren't actually enough frames for every single movements that needed making, so I concentrated on the more pronounced sounds and animated them. I think that the animation still works though, and it is a lot smoother than I expected from my first time doing this.

I had the whole head on quick selected when I keyed this, so when I went back to change the eyebrows and add expressions, I couldn't do it without having to change every single key. I found out later on that I could have just selected the eyebrows and eyes and break connections would have taken the key frames off them so that I could animate them but I had already moved on when I found that out. Still, I know for next time and this was one of the tasks I enjoyed the most this module so far, especially being able to concentrate on just one aspect of animating rather than a whole body. I would like to try this again in the future but adding expressions and head movements to really put some feeling into what the character is saying - I think that using different accents or emotions could affect the way some of the mouth movements would be as well, like a lot more exaggeration when a playful character is talking, or much more controlled and subtle for more serious ones. Even speech impediments and habits could effect this, so that is something to take into consideration.



No comments:

Post a Comment