Friday 12 December 2014

Initial Animation




I found key framing to be a little awkward at first, because my animatic was too long and I had too much animation for the length of my actual audio file, so it took a bit of reworking to get things in place. I key framed movements according to my audio, using my video reference for the poses placing the frames a little bit closer together.

After that I changed the animation mode back to Linear, allowing inbetweens to be added. This showed me that my keyframes were much too close, and needed to have more in between for smoother, more accurate movements. Some of my keyframes did not link well to each other in the slightest, and needed a lot of reworking. I am glad that I didn't get through the whole animation with keyframes before changing this to linear, because that would have meant a lot more work to do.

I also realised that for the movement of the oar, Moom's hands changed angles a lot, impaling him with the oar every now and then, and making him do some strange but kind of cool twirly stuff with the oar. I started using the speed graph to change between stepped and linear animation, and through this I accidentally changed only part of the animation to linear rather than all of it, creating some strange movements.

My Moom project plans for over the holiday is as follows;

- Correct Keyframes (spacing/angles)
- Add more keyframes inbetween
- Finish all keyframing and body movements for Moom
- Lip sync to final audio
- Texture/change any unfinished objects
- Choose and apply final lighting
- Export as image sequences, separating shots (i.e close ups)
- Put images together in After Effects
- Make new action plan for the remainder of the module.

No comments:

Post a Comment