Monday 29 December 2014

Qwertee DD Designs

I decided to go straight for a silhouette style design; I always find them much more interesting, especially for character based T-shirts.


It is hard to see Doflamingo himself through his feathered coat, so I thought that lines might help to make him stand out - the coat itself is very important for his character design, so I didn't want to get rid of it at all. The red lines don't work too well for the design - though it looks good with the pink, the character himself still doesn't stand out enough.

The black lines are slightly better, but the extra detail is too much more the sort of design I'm going for. Less detail will only make him look boring, though.

The black silhouette inside the coat looks much better, but till isn't quite there. I wanted to keep the legs filled in just so that his whole shape is still noticeable, but since the rest of his skin isn't filled in, it doesn't really work. I do like the face a lot better on this though - it emphasises his creepy smile and sunglasses.

Since the top/face have small bits of pink detail, I think that the legs being just outlined in pink works well. The black lines of the coat don't though - I wanted to show the shape of it more, but I feel like is almost distracts from the rest of the image, and isn't really needed.


This version works a lot better - Doflamingo's whole figure is outlined in some way, with the main points of his design (the smile, eyes/sunglasses and coat) being filled in and bringing the audience's focus to them. It is a very minimal design, but that's the sort I prefer so I am happy to have this as my first Qwertee design.

No comments:

Post a Comment