Sunday 28 December 2014

Outcast Odyssey Research

I thought that it would probably be a good idea to check out some of the designs already used on Outcast Odyssey cards - I don't want to accidentally design a character that looks too similar to any current ones, but I also want to make sure that my witch would fit in, as well.




There isn't a huge range of female cards, and almost all of the above shows women with a lot of skin and cleavage - not surprising for the fantasy genre, but still disappointing. I would like to try and design a character a little more modest, but at the same time I want to have fun with this project and not worry too much about specific details. 
The characters use a lot earthier tones as is common in steam punk style fashion, so that will help a ot when considering my colours.



I started a pinterest board of interesting witchy or steam punk style clothes and accessories as I began designing, so it will be nice to continue adding to this as I get more ideas. A lot of the clothes already have much more interesting shapes to the sort of ones that I'm used to drawing a lot of different detail so I think that I'm going to have fun designing this.







No comments:

Post a Comment