Saturday 20 December 2014

Outcast Odyssey Brief





Outcast Odyssey gives me a chance to design a choice of characters, all of which sound interesting to do. A dragon/monster is good practice for drawing/designing beasts which is new for me, watch/warlock would be very fun to look at detail-wise, and steam punk warrior would be very fun to design as long as I can come up with enough original elements in it - I find steam punk very easy to rely on pre-existing ideas of the genre/style, so that would maybe need some research from some different places.

Again, this competition only asks for an illustration but to build it up to a bigger brief, I'd like to also do a turnaround sheet and expression sheet. This would look a lot better in my portfolio, and could give whoever is looking at it a better idea of the sort of things that I like drawing. I am tempted to go for the witch option just because I have been drawing a lot more males than females recently and it would be nice to balance it out. The designs on current cards and other competition entries on DeviantArt do make their females more sexualised than necessary, so I'd like to stay away from that and make the character a bit more realistic, or at least make her dress how a normal female probably would.

No comments:

Post a Comment