Saturday 7 February 2015

AA:Food Ideas

Suggested ideas from the brief:

For some starting points you may want to consider ( but not limited to ):
  • Food Banks / Pay as You Feel Cafes
  • Health Concerns of Food Types
  • Ecological / Sustainability concerns with Growing and Distributing food.
  • Healthy Eating

These are definitely good starting points, but none of them particularly excite me. I don't know too much about documentary animation, so that is definitely something to look into, but usually I concentrate more on fictional storytelling. That isn't to say that I can't get that idea into any of these prompts, but I feel like it will be a good idea to think about this a little bit more.

My ideas:

  • Foods from different cultures
  •  Foods that make you live longer
  •  Foods to help you recover from a cold
  •  Cheap/Healthy eating on a student budget

After discussing these with my group, we made a larger list of possible things to do for a project;
  • Recipes
  • Cultural differences of foods/time/evolution of foods
  • Foods to make you live longer
  • Pizza
  • Student budget/healthy eating
  • Myths of foods
  • Misconceptions about food
  • Desserts - 80 desserts around the world
  • Breakfast Foods
  • Growing Food
  • ABC of food
  • Leftovers
Our ideas meandered away from usual documentary topics, but we wanted to ensure that we could have fun with this and design and animate as we wanted to. This meant a lot more specific ideas/areas of food to look at. These are all probably less controversial than the brief ideas, and include less important issues, but we agreed that fun and lighthearted was much more what we were interested in looking at for this project. Personally, I find serious/important animations less engaging which probably has a lot to do with my inspirations and interests. That isn't to say that the important issues above can't be tackled in a very fun, lighthearted, even childish way - which we considered, because using children as an audience would work well for what we want, but I feel like I would get more bored of a more informative issue based animation, and I think my group would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment