Tuesday 3 February 2015

Qwertee Mihawk Designs 2




Adding the yellow definitely made the design much more interesting. The more important details stand out, and makes the overall image that much more interesting. The outside lines of the black coat is still a problem, though.


Adding more purple again fixes the line problem but I just don't think it looks quite as interesting. Knowing what parts of the design I liked best, I decided that trying to keep them and finding ways around their problems rather than different designs would be better.


The background definitely makes the black work much more, but it doesn't look quite as good with the pink/purple colour of his sleeves/the inside of the coat.



With a smaller area to work in, the outline doesn't get quite as lost, and the contrast is much better again without a coloured background.

I added a yellow outline to the circle background to give it a bit more contrast. It also ties the little details together much better, but I'm not entirely sure about the darker sleeves and lighter smaller detail.

The detail is much easier to see here, and I think that this amount of block colour compared to black is a lot more effective. This is the design I'm deciding on.


No comments:

Post a Comment