Saturday 7 February 2015

WeTransfer: Choosing a Brief



NOTES

- Who is the audience?
"You get to decide who your target audience is. It can be who or whatever you want it to be, just be sure to tell us when you submit your work.
Consider how you might use the image, and how it might be viewed. Could it be for self-promotion, publication, retail or something else altogether?"
This is a very subjective brief; WeTransfer are not that specific, so how will this brief benefit me, or what sort of audience would view or receive this work best?



One of the reasons that I liked WeTransfer was because it was so open - most of the briefs as you to make campaigns or other things that I find really boring - choosing a brief like that lets me make something much more interesting and relevant to me. Since the main idea of the brief is to illustrate what sort of person I might be in 10 years time - and that means that I can definitely focus on character design in this. I could possibly get some portfolio stuff out of this depending on what exactly we decide to do with the brief. It could be good for showing a strong sense of personality and letting the interviewer or whoever know who/what sort of person I am, which could also work if I used the outcome/part of the outcome on my tumblr or any other sites involving my art work.

I tend to interact more with young adults on tumblr, and I feel like that is the sort of audience I would be aiming for. I don't dress like an old lady, so my designs should be relevant to those kinds of viewers (not that I don't see plenty of students dressing like that nowadays anyway).
I also had an idea of, if we had enough designs, maybe creating a flipbook since we will be focusing a lot on clothing. This could be used to show that design is still a big part of the Animation course at LCA rather than just animating, and this could be shown off at exhibition events for the college, although I am not sure that this is something we could feasibly make in time - still, that doesn't mean that we can't tackle part of this brief as a proposal for that, and maybe make it in another module later down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment