Saturday 7 February 2015

Collaboration: 3 Briefs

WETRANSFER
One of the reasons that I have chosen WeTransfer is for the opportunity to do an illustrative, very character design based brief. It feels much more relevant to me practice than a lot of the briefs to - campaigns and product innovation would not benefit me or help to improve the skills that I want to at all. This also lets you use a range of mediums- I could experiment and just have fun with this, if I want to. I already have ideas for artists to use as inspiration and reference which would make it easier. You decide the target audience yourself, meaning that I could make this as relevant to my portfolio and the types of companies that I want to apply to which would be extremely useful. It also gives me an opportunity to explore the relationship between printed and digital art, how they can complement each other which I feel like I should definitely start to look at.

WWF
WWF gives me a chance to research important issues that I am aware of but not very well informed about. I would enjoy the opportunity to create art that could change the world, or at least inspire people to help change it bit by bit. It is aimed at the sort of people that I see regularly, which means that I can get a lot of feedback straight from the target audience, making sure that I am on track and creating an effective campaign. I can learn to draw more animals and backgrounds rather than just people like I usually do which would be beneficial to expanding my skills. There are "multiple communication channels to think about" which also gives me the chance to think about more ways of showing my work, and how to use these channels effectively.

PANTONE
Pantone is all about colour - something that I know I neglect a lot of the time when creating work. This gives me a chance to really think about what I am doing, what the colours mean and how they can sway the mood/feeling of my pieces. It is also a brief with huge opportunities to think  more in depth into architecture, buildings and layouts which I really do need to learn more about. I would be a lot different than my usually projects, but fun nonetheless. You also need to be able to apply your ideas 'physically'; I prefer my work to mostly exist digitally, but since that might just be a product from how I am used to working on other courses and modules, giving some real life context and looking past digital way of showing my work might be good for me. Again, this is a great opportunity to experiment.

I will decide on my brief depending on what my collaborative partner says, but I do think that these will give me a lot of good opportunities and skills, so hopefully having a collaborative partner that could benefit from these in the same way will work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment