Friday 27 February 2015

Qwertee Monster Trio Designs 1


I wanted to try adding some shapes first to keep the sihouettes black, but deciding how much of each character should be seen was hard - they each take up a lot of space, so some overlapping might be needed.



I tried overlapping coloured silhouettes of them without shapes which I think works better, but looks kind of messy with all the random little black shapes around their designs. The colours are the main ones that the characters are associated with - using them will make the characters of the design much more obvious to anyone familiar with the show.



Separating them was much more effective, although I will have to make sure that the design isn't too long on the T-shirt. Width wise it isn't much of the problem, and I think that you can see a decent amount of each character within the boxes.


I tried changing the yellow to a blue, one of Sanji's other colours, but it doesn't quite work; yellow looks much better with red and green, so I'll probably be going back to that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment