Sunday 22 February 2015

WeTransfer: Early Designs


I found the designs slightly tricky at first, not least because I don't tend to change what I wear too often - what I am wearing now is not too far from what I wore years ago, so would this continue in the next ten years? I feel like it would, but I let myself try a few more different things for these designs just to see. They are all very rough and loose - considering we will probably be doing cleaned up versions for the flipbook proposal later, I feel like it is pointless doing these too pretty and detailed yet - we just need the concepts for now.


These are much more what I tend to wear already, as something to start with, although I haven't yet had the hair or shoes of the third one, but that is the direction I seem to be going in so I added them for now.

The next is using a few more bits of other fashion styles, like more shoulder pads/leather jackets, and detailed socks/tights. The shoes are still large, although I have experimented with a few different heights.

The first isn't really something I could see myself wearing, or at least not all together. My shoes have been getting bigger every time I buy them, so the boots are a possibility and something I might look at in later designs. Lots of layer will still probably be a key point in what I wear in the future, so that is something that I need to keep going with in these designs.


These are a lot further from what I would usually wear, and I'm sill not sure if myself would change to something more like this, but it is more options to consider.

My designs so far have helped me think about what my fashion sense will be like even if none of these feel spot on; big shoes and layer are definitely important for me, and though the hairstyles could change a lot in ten years time, I feel like the longer/more natural styles are what I would go with since they are easier to manage and I see myself [hopefully] being very busy in ten years time with work and games and everything else. These are the things that I will concentrate on in any further designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment